Oscar nominations: sight unseen some of the major players (Les Mis, Amour, Zero Dark Thirty), I generally like these noms.
1) I’m not in love with “Life of Pi” or “Beasts of the Southern Wild”, but I see where that come from.
2) Acting nominations look strong. The sole sore note for me is Helen Hunt. I was really unimpressed.
3) I was afraid that Waltz was not going to be there, therefore happy that he is.
4) Best Directing was a real back-breaker. Wow.
4) Very impressive set of writing nominees.
5) “Paperman”, a lovely piece of animation, is a great sight at the list.
6) My gut reaction looking at the list: “Silver Linings Playbook” will walk home with the gold.
(Posted elsewhere in the morning of January 10th, 2012.)